Transfer students qualify for up to three years of financial aid eligibility at  Berkeley, including study abroad in the third year if permitted by your college. With a GPA of 3.89, UC Berkeley … If you have missed a deadline, we encourage you to reach out to the program adviser to see if a late application can be accommodated. An essay or personal statement is required with your application. Refer to our live FAQs for further updates.Congratulations on your Admission to UC Berkeley!This page will explain important guidelines to prepare the Berkeley Economics major as a new transfer … Contrary to popular belief, semester-length participation is often more affordable for students with financial need and can also offer more course choices. Admission to different UC campuses and majors varies in competitiveness depending on how many students apply and how many slots are available. Don't miss out on a chance to study abroad during your time at Berkeley. You must complete 60 credits in residence at Berkeley to earn your bachelor's degree. Eligibility for financial aid in the third year at Berkeley may be limited by enrollment at Berkeley the summer prior to your term of admission, or factors such as the number of units accrued and remaining requirements left to satisfy. If your GPA at the time of selection for a UCEAP program is based only on one term at Berkeley, it may be possible to average your transfer GPA and UC GPA … This is not possible for all colleges and/or may not be permitted for every student. When this circumstance is possible, you must raise your UC GPA to the minimum requirement for the UCEAP program by the end of your second term at Berkeley (and all subsequent terms prior to departure) to remain eligible. Through this course you also have the opportunity to begin getting introduced to faculty and alumni. Independent programs are eligible for transfer credit only, and are not eligible for financial aid through Berkeley. To get started, we recommend you: Transfer students must spend their first semester in residence at Berkeley, but can study abroad in any term (semester or summer) thereafter, including their last semester or summer if the senior residency requirement has been satisfied in a term prior to participation. GPA requirements for UCEAP programs will be based on your UC GPA only; transfer GPAs will not be factored in. Complete those prerequisites as early as possible or consider a program with no or few prerequisite courses. Read more about Academic Planning. Students going on UCEAP, Berkeley Global Internships, or Berkeley Summer Abroad are repackaged for financial aid based on the total cost of the program, which includes tuition, room & board, roundtrip airfare, and more. Some transfer students consider taking an additional semester to study abroad. Taking more than two technical courses during your first semester at UC Berkeley … Average GPA: 3.89. If your GPA at the time of selection for a UCEAP program is based only on one term at Berkeley, it may be possible to average your transfer GPA and UC GPA to qualify for the program. The University of California, Berkeley is one of the world’s leading academic institutions. Completing these steps prior to advising will assist us in recommending programs based on your academic needs. This average GPA means UC Berkeley is very selective. As a result, the minimum GPA and grade requirements … Widely known as "Cal," the campus is renowned for the size and quality of its libraries and laboratories, the scope of its research and publications, and the distinction of its faculty and students. In general, credit may be granted for courses when a grade of at least a D has been earned. The average minimum GPA for fall transfer admission is between 3.6 - 4.0. A minimum 3.0 overall grade-point average. Plan early and strategically in order to make the most of this opportunity. Average GPA: 3.89. It is bordered by wooded, rolling hills and the City of Berkeley, one of America’s most lively, culturally diverse, and politically adventurous municipalities. Make an appointment with a college adviser to discuss the senior residence requirement if you are planning to study abroad. If you entered Berkeley as a transfer, you must declare the major before you begin your 2nd semester at UC Berkeley. If that is the case, verify which degree requirements you have left to complete, and what is allowable by your college and department for study abroad courses applied to the major. Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in the prerequisite courses; If you entered UC Berkeley as a freshman, you must submit the major declaration form after completing three semesters at Cal and before you begin your 6th semester. Please see our Virtual Advising Guide for more information. However, transfer students are not restricted to summer participation! If you wish to study abroad through UCEAP during your second semester at Berkeley, be aware of application deadlines that may require you to apply before you have officially enrolled at Berkeley. There are many need-based and merit-based scholarships to support your study abroad program! Contact the Office of Financial Aid - Transfer Advising at 510-642-6442. Soc 198BC - Berkeley Connect - This is a 1-unit class and mentorship program, P/NP, designed to provide you with a Sociology graduate student mentor and to help you connect with other students who share your academic interest. Financial aid is available for study abroad. Transfer admission is limited to students who have or will have completed a minimum of 60 UC-transferable semester units by the end of the spring term of the current academic year. The University of California Board of Regents announced today (July 7) the appointment of Michael V. Drake, M.D., as the 21st president of UC’s world-renowned system of 10 campuses, five medical … To satisfy the modified senior residence requirement you must complete 24 (excluding study abroad or extension) units in residence after you reach junior standing (60 units). If your GPA at the time of selection for a UCEAP program is based only on one term at Berkeley, it may be possible to average your transfer GPA and UC GPA to qualify for the program. ** Students admitted to UC Berkeley as Freshmen prior to Fall 2008, and as Junior Transfers prior to Fall 2009 should consult the Political Science undergraduate advisers, as an alternate set of requirements … Because Transfer students have been historically underrepresented in study abroad, many competitive or merit-based scholarships value your Transfer experience and your ambition to pursue study abroad. Applications can be due as early as one year prior to departure, so begin your research as soon as possible. Financial aid counselors are available at 160 Stephens Hall for consultation and discussing a financial aid estimate. College Breadth Requirements (All Majors) All CED transfer applicants must complete course work identified as comparable to the following UC Berkeley … Talk to your college to see what steps you could take to qualify for an additional term, either by remaining under the unit ceiling or through petition to the College.